Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Two References from Class:

This is the first 15 mins of the Gods Must Be Crazy (1980):




and

Joseph Campbell & the Power of Myth, below is the introduction to the show that ran on PBS.

1 comment:

myeasheaethnographicfilmclass said...

I actually have read the manuscript from Joseph Campbell's Power of Myth. Although, I have some issues with Joseph Campbell, but I really enjoyed this particular interview. In my last school I spent a semester studying creation myth. So I thought I would share with you one of my favorite quotes from the interview: " If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are -- if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time."